God of War Ragnarök Transcript

Marvel's Spider-Man: The Heist DLC Full Transcript

This script is the first DLC for Marvel's Spider-Man from The City That Never Sleeps series. Its events take place after the events of the original game, so if you're not familiar with the original.

[Mary Jane is on a case again. We hear her voice against a board of photographs and newspaper clippings.]

MJ: Mary Jane Watson, Associate Editor - begin research notes: My sources are saying the Maggia's mounting a comeback. The old crime families were all but wiped out, until Fisk went away and they started filling the void. The old Dons were working harmoniously for years, but now that there's a power vacuum, there's bound to be a power struggle. It's only a matter of time before one of the families makes a move on the others. Better follow up with my sources in the force--hopefully we can stop this crime comeback before it even starts.

[Meanwhile, Spidey sits on top of a tall building Mary Jane calls him.]

MJ: (via phone) Hey, Pete. I'm working on a story you might be interested in...

Spider-Man: The Oscorp exposé?

MJ: (via phone) New one. It's about the Maggia crime families.

Spider-Man: The mob? I thought they went out with swing dancing. Both times.

MJ: (via phone) They were in decline, but with Fisk and the Demons gone, La Cosa Nostra is making a comeback.

Spider-Man: I love it when you talk dirty.

MJ: (via phone) Easy, Tiger. So you know the feds raided the Maggia last month...

Spider-Man: Sure.

MJ: (via phone) Well one of the dons had this lost masterpiece painting called "The Maria." And now they're displaying it over at Manhattan MOCA.

Spider-Man: Aaaand...?

MJ: (via phone) And I have a source who says one of the families is planning to steal it back. Tonight.

Spider-Man: Sounds like there's more to it than just art appreciation. I'll swing by the museum.

The Maria

[Spidey swings to the museum near Central Park.]

Spider-Man: MJ, looks like your source was right. There's a small army of goons trying to break in. Stay on the line while I take a closer look.

MJ: (via phone) Just be careful. If those guys are Maggia, they play for keeps.

Hammerhead Thug: Hurry up, c'mon!

Hammerhead Thug: The Boss wants that painting. We shoulda been in and out by now.

Spider-Man: Sheesh, some people will do anything to avoid paying full-price admission.

[He confronts the goons.]

Hammerhead Thug: Gotcha! You're going down, Webs!

Hammerhead Thug: Boss wants his head!

Spider-Man: Time for a little demonstration of the fine art of subduing criminals.

Hammerhead Thug: He's taken out too many of us!

Hammerhead Thug: I'll break your friggen’ jaw.

Hammerhead Thug: Gotcha!

Spider-Man: I know some of these guys.

[He easily defeats the goons.]

Spider-Man: That's Frederico Frezelli... and Sal Patrillo.

MJ: (via phone) Those guys are part of Hammerhead's crime family, right? Why would he want the Maria? Doesn't seem like his thing.

Spider-Man: I'm gonna look around, make sure no one got in a different way. I'll let you know if I find anything.

[Spidey crawls to the roof.]

Spider-Man: Hey - what is that? MJ, someone cut a hole in a skylight. I'm gonna check it out.

[He jumps inside.]

MJ: (via phone) So while Hammerhead's guys were trying to break in the front, someone else slipped in through the roof?

Spider-Man: Looks that way. No sign of anyone... at all. Shouldn't there be guards here at night?

MJ: (via phone) Yeah, maybe check the Security Booth near the entrance. There should be cameras there, too... they would've seen whoever broke in.

[He swings to the booth, but it appears to be locked.]

Spider-Man: The security booth's secure. I'd need a palm print to get in.

MJ: (via phone) Is there a way to override the lock?

Spider-Man: Not without a guard's hand.

MJ: (via phone) Actually, their handprint. If you can't find the guards, maybe you can lift prints from the things they touched.

Spider-Man: Oh. Yeah. Good idea.

MJ: (via phone) Always happy to… lend a hand.

Spider-Man: Okay, if I were a handprint, where would I be?

[He find a security officer jacket and a phone]

Spider-Man: Got a handprint. Well, a part of one. Looks like I'll need more. Weird, it's like the guards just vanished. Now, where can I find some more partial prints? There must be a print on here somewhere. (finds a flashlight) Another one, cool. Trained guards wouldn't leave their stuff around like this. Unless they didn't leave voluntarily. (finds a coffee cup) Still warm… I know there's a print on here… just need to find it. That might work... And I think twelve down should be "karaoke", not kumquat… Okay, I should have enough partials to reconstruct a handprint. (swings to the scanner) I should be able to reconfigure the scanner so it takes my data. If I bypass the optic sensor, I can upload my own data. Got it. Transmitting handprint now. We're in!

MJ: Nice! What do you see?

Spider-Man: They're alive. Looks like they were tranquilized. No signs of a struggle. Definitely not Hammerhead's style.

MJ: So if not Hammerhead...who? Is there a camera feed?

Spider-Man: Lemme check. Someone switched off camera 5.

MJ: Well, that's suspicious...

Spider-Man: Let me turn it back on and see what they didn't want anyone looking at. It's pointing at one of the paintings in the exhibit...

MJ: That has to be the Maria.

Spider-Man: And no one's stolen it yet. I need to see this up close, figure out what's so special about it.

[He finds the painting.]

Info Kiosk: The Maria is a brilliant example of modern pastoral impressionism. The saga of its repeated theft and recovery are almost as intriguing as the artwork itself.

Spider-Man: Looks like a pretty normal painting to me.

MJ: It is. There's way more valuable stuff in that museum. So why's the Maggia so worked up about THIS painting?

Spider-Man: Hang on, MJ. Someone's coming--

[Several black SUVs drive into buildings, smashing out the windows. The security system turns on and lock the painting behind a glass wall.]

Hammerhead Thug: Keep an eye out. Spider-Man could still be here. Aww, damnit, got it locked behind security glass. Hey! Tell Frank we're gonna need to break out the big guns!

Spider-Man: MJ - Hammerhead's guys called in reinforcements. They haven't spotted me yet.

MJ: Good. Try to keep it that way.

Spider-Man: No snoring now.

Hammerhead Thug: Hey! Who's there?

Hammerhead Thug: Spider-Man's been here.

Spider-Man: You're in time out.

Hammerhead Thug: What was that?

Hammerhead Thug: Cops'll be here any minute.

Hammerhead Thug: The hell with this! Grab what you can and run!

[Spidey forced to protect the art! Or it’s owners to be exact.]

Spider-Man: Great, now they're looting the other art. Gotta stop 'em before they make it out. There's only one way out of here... Next time, try the gift shop.

Hammerhead Thug: Man down!

Hammerhead Thug: You picked a bad day to mess with us!

Spider-Man: How about as a consolation prize, send you a poster of that piece for your prison cell.

Hammerhead Thug: I'll teach you respect.

Hammerhead Thug: Tagged him good.

Hammerhead Thug: He keeps jumping around!

Hammerhead Thug: Keep him distracted! I'm almost to the exit!

Spider-Man: Cheer up - Maybe they'll have art classes in prison?

Spider-Man: Got him.

Hammerhead Thug: Almost... there.

Spider-Man: Stay down! Too slow.

[Finally Spidey defeats the robbers.]

MJ: Peter, you there? You okay?

Spider-Man: Yeah, I think I got 'em all. Lot of art to put back though.

MJ: What about the Maria? This could have all been a distraction.

Spider-Man: My thoughts exactly. I'll head back there... Hopefully the glass was thick enough. The security wall's intact… and bulletproof. Nobody's getting near the Maria any time soon.

MJ: Mission accomplished?

Spider-Man: I hope so...

[At that moment, part of the plasterboard wall falls off and Black Cat comes out.]

Spider-Man: Yeah -- I am gonna have to call you right back.

MJ: Why, what's going on--

Black Cat: You look good. Been working out?

Spider-Man: No. I mean, you know-- a little.

Black Cat: So, you swinging solo now? Or back with your ex?

Spider-Man: That's a lot of questions.

Black Cat: I'm just curious.

Spider-Man: Yeah, I hear that's bad for cats. How about you tell me why you're really here?

Black Cat: I was just waiting for the right moment. Look behind you.

[A number of bandits with rocket launchers run into the museum. Spidey has to fight for his life.]

Spider-Man: Rockets?! Who brings rockets to a museum?

Black Cat: Have you not met Hammerhead?

Hammerhead Thug: Squash this bug!

Black Cat: More coming your way, handsome.

Hammerhead Thug: This is gonna hurt!

Hammerhead Thug: The hell is that stuff?!

Hammerhead Thug: Tagged him good.

Hammerhead Thug: I'm gonna end this!

Hammerhead Thug: I can handle this clown.

Hammerhead Thug: You're out of your league, punk.

Black Cat: I like your new tricks.

Spider-Man: And I'm tired of your old ones. Weren't you gonna stop stealing art?

Black Cat: Who said I'm here for the art?

[She breaks the painting in half and pulls the flash drive out of it.]

Spider-Man: What are you doing?!

Black Cat: Think you have lives to save.

Spider-Man: Not again...

[After the previous destructive fight, one of the works of art, namely a boulder hanging from the ceiling, is about to fall on the bandits lying under the rubble. Spidey deftly flies to it on his web and wraps it around the boulder. Meanwhile, Cat quietly escapes.]

Hammerhead Thug: What...

Hammerhead Thug: Hey, waitwaitwaitwait. Hey... HELP!

Spider-Man: What the...? Where did she go?

MJ: (via phone) Peter, is everything okay?

Spider-Man: Sorry, MJ. I just ran into an old friend.

MJ: (via phone) Who?

Spider-Man: Trouble.

[“The Maria” mission ends. Spidey returns to the city.]

MJ: (via phone) So Black Cat was the one who went in through the roof... she was working with Hammerhead's guys?

Spider-Man: Yeah. She was probably watching me the whole time I was in there...

MJ: (via phone) Just tell me you didn't let her get away with the Maria.

Spider-Man: She didn't.

MJ: (via phone) Good.

Spider-Man: She smashed it and stole a data drive hidden in the frame.

MJ: (via phone) What?! Ugh...

Spider-Man: Sorry. So what do you think was on that drive?

MJ: (via phone) Good question. I'll start asking around.

Spider-Man: And I guess I'll start following cat prints.

Police Dispatch: (via radio) All units, we have reports of an explosion in the vicinity of Times Square and Bryant.

Spider-Man: Explosion? Better check it out.

Jameson: As you've probably heard, Spider-Man stopped the crime boss Hammerhead's thugs from robbing the Museum of Contemporary Art. Good for him, right? WRONG! They nearly demolished the place and everything in it! THEY WERE SHOOTING ROCKET LAUNCHERS INDOORS! See, even if you assume good intentions - which I DO NOT - this is the problem with Spider-Man. He escalates every situation into an apocalyptic disaster! What good is it to save the art from being stolen if you BLOW IT UP? Now, I realize this is pretentious, navel-gazing MODERN art... soup cans and ink splatters that look like they were splashed on by a drunk elephant. But I'm not an art critic, I just know what I don't like - and I DO NOT like that webbed menace trashing our public spaces!

[Spidey swings to Times Square.]

Firefighter: Looks like another car bomb. Which family set it up this time-- Hammerhead again?

Firefighter: Probably. Might be more nearby. Better call in the bomb squad.

Spider-Man: Bombs under things? Time to go small.

[He deploys spider-bot.]

Spider-Man: Alright little buddy, let's find those explosives. Okay, still a few more out there. Disarmed. Need to find the others. Got it! Just one left! Whew - got them all! Hammerhead's on a mission. Better keep a look out for more of these around the city.

Long Lost Loot

[Spidey swings around the city searching for the bad guys. He got a call from a stranger.]

Spider-Man: Hello?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Spider-Man? This is Detective Mackey, I got your number from a friend in the force.

Spider-Man: I bet I know which friend. What can I do you for Detective?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Probably better if we spoke in person. Can you stop by the Greenwich precinct when you get a chance? I hear you like meeting on rooftops...

Spider-Man: Sure thing, see you in a few. (hung up) This will keep me busy while I wait to hear from MJ. That museum heist was crazy -- it's not Black Cat's style to work with guys like Hammerhead. Hope MJ can find out the story behind that data drive.

[He swings to the top of the building Mackey ask him.]

Det. Mackey: Spider-Man! Over here!

Spider-Man: Detective Mackey, I presume.

Det. Mackey: Thanks for coming. I wanna talk to you about the Black Cat.

Spider-Man: I plead the fifth.

Det. Mackey: Not the "new" cat-- the old one. 20 years ago. I worked the case.

Spider-Man: Black Cat is a copy cat... huh. What happened to the original?

Det. Mackey: He died in prison. But we never found all of the paintings he stole. I've got a new lead, but the Department doesn't want to waste resources on an old case.

Spider-Man: Wasting resources is kinda my specialty.

Det. Mackey: Great. Head to this location. I'll fill you in on the way.

[Spidey swings away.]

Det. Mackey: (via phone) I appreciate your help. I'm retiring soon, and this case is my biggest loose end. So I went through the files, to give it one last shot. The old Cat preferred to steal art, but right before he got busted, he hit a smoke detector factory.

Spider-Man: Smoke detectors? That's random.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Not really. He stole the Americium-241 inside 'em. We thought he had a buyer for radioisotopes, but I was watching a movie the other night, and saw something that gave me an idea. What if he tagged the paintings he stole with those isotopes in order to help him find them once he got out?

Spider-Man: What movie were you watching? Wait-- don't tell me, spoilers.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) So I was thinking, if we track the isotope, we could find the stolen paintings.

Spider-Man: I have a scintillation counter in my suit that should do it. I'll call you if I find anything.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Thanks, Spider-Man. If I can close the books on this one, I can retire in peace.

Spider-Man: I think I'm close to one of those stolen paintings. The signal's coming from this power box - (destroys the power box) Huh, an art storage tube. Detective - I found a stolen painting-- it was hidden in a fake power box.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Yes! I knew it. Leave it there, I'll have someone pick it up. In the meantime, I'll send you some other locations we know Hardy frequented.

Spider-Man: Sounds good - wait, did you say Hardy?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Yeah. The original Cat's name was Walter Hardy. I'll pull his files and have more details next time we talk.

Spider-Man: Walter Hardy, the original Black Cat. Felicia Hardy-- the Black Cat that I know. This appears to be a family business.

[“Long Lost Loot” mission completed.]

MJ: (via phone) Peter! The police scanner just reported an active shootout around Hudson and North Moore.

Spider-Man: Isn't that area controlled by the Maggia?

MJ: (via phone) Yeah. Whatever Black Cat stole, it might have just triggered a gang war.

Spider-Man: Well, I'm on my way to check it out. Any other updates on the museum heist?

MJ: (via phone) So here's what I got. Nobody knows what was on that drive in the Maria painting. But word is, Hammerhead now has the drive, and the Maggia families are freaked out about it.

Spider-Man: Must have been pretty valuable if it made a notorious art thief ignore art.

MJ: (via phone) Wonder why she's working for Hammerhead. She usually flies solo...

Spider-Man: Who knows. I stopped trying to figure out Felicia a long time ago.

MJ: (via phone) Felicia, huh? You guys on a first-name basis now?

Spider-Man: Well, I mean, I guess... maybe...

MJ: (via phone) Well, let's just keep each other in the loop, okay?

Like Old Times

[Spidey arrives on the scene. The police shoot back at the thugs holed up by the fountain. More thugs approaches.]

Spider-Man: They're not being subtle. Time to shut this down before someone gets killed.

[Spidey swiftly wraps this up.]

Spider-Man: Whew - got them all! Delivery truck. Hope it's those new slippers ordered...

[A beefy thug with a nine-barrel machine gun emerges from it.]

Spider-Man: My slippers did NOT look like that online. I refuse to sign for this package! Oh boy. The gang's all here...

[He kicks their asses.]

Spider-Man: Did I get everyone?

[One of the thugs hides behind a police car. Spidey sticks his hand to the trunk and slowly crawls over to him.]

Thug: Alright, alright, alright! I give up! Do I get time off if I talk?

Spider-Man: You won't if you don't.

Thug: Aww... The, the white haired chick, she told us to come down here and make some noise.

Spider-Man: Sucker bait. And I'm the sucker. Where'd you meet her?

Thug: The bodega on Waverly.

[Spidey calls MJ.]

Spider-Man: MJ, the whole shootout was a distraction. Black Cat set it up to draw police away from Waverly street.

MJ: (via phone) One of the other Maggia families has a front on Waverly. The Ciceros I think...

Spider-Man: Maybe I can still catch her. Felicia takes her time... she's nothing if not methodical.

MJ: (via phone) Is she now?

Spider-Man: Uh, I'll keep you posted.

[He swings to the bodega.]

Spider-Man: There's the bodega. Alright Felicia, where are you? There's her stakeout gear... What were you looking at, Felicia?

[He notices Black Cat entering a building.]

Spider-Man: Gotcha.

[He will go to her, but the cat was ready - it was a trap. She quickly disarms Spidey by sitting on him.]

Black Cat: Oh! Hey, Spider.

[She pulls another flash drive out of an old book.]

Spider-Man: Felicia, the Maggia are no joke. You shouldn't be playing with them--

Black Cat: Aw, but I like to play.

[She runs away. Some thugs rush in.]

Cicero Thug: Spider-Man?

Cicero Thug: He's workin' with the Cat-- get him!

[Spidey is forced to fight.]

Thug: Nobody steals from the Cicero family and lives!

Thug: Hammerhead hired Spider-Man?!

Spider-Man: You guys sure do jump to quick conclusions...

Thug: Hey Spider, come work for the Cicero family, we'll double Hammerhead's price....

Spider-Man: I'm not working for Hammerhead, or any other crime family, I'm just-- wrong place wrong time.

[He defeats Cicero’s thugs and swings to Black Cat.]

Spider-Man: Well, that was fun. Now where's Felicia?

Black Cat: I like watching you. Reminds me of old times.

Spider-Man: What's on that drive?


Black Cat: Not entirely sure, to be honest....

Spider-Man: Then why are you stealing it?

Black Cat: If I don't-- they'll kill my son.

[She throws a smoke bomb.]

Spider-Man: (coughs) Wait... your *SON*?

[But Black Cat is already gone.]

Spider-Man: Damn it. Felicia has a son?! Can't be. I mean it *could* be. And *l* could be… No no no, not gonna think about that right now.

[“Like Old Times” mission completed.]

Spider-Man: MJ, I found the Cat, but she got away.

MJ: (via phone) Really... how 'methodical' of her.

Spider-Man: She stole another data drive.

MJ: (via phone) Hm. So each family has a drive-- wonder what's on 'em. Did you learn anything else?

Spider-Man: Uh...well... not much.
MJ: (via phone) Okay. Sounds like she's helping Hammerhead, make a power play on the other crime families.

Spider-Man: Which could end badly for everyone.

MJ: (via phone) Last thing this city needs is a gang war. I'll let you know if I turn up any info on those drives.

Something is Screwy

[She hangs up. Some random freak calls Spidey.]

Screwball: (via phone) What's up, S-M! It's your NUMBER ONE FAN!!

Spider-Man: Wait a minute-- Screwball?! Ugh, don't tell me you're out of jail...

Screwball: (via phone) I’m sure AM! And I brought some of my fans with me! Aren't they just the cutest?! They're helping me set up for my new show... in fact, I'd love for you to SWING by! TTYL!

Spider-Man: Something tells me those guys weren't released for good behavior. Better get over there and check it out.

[Spidey swings to the place on the roof where the call originated and finds some prisoners there.]

Spider-Man: Time to put Screwball's "fans" back, behind bars where they belong. Guys, we've really gotta stop meeting like this. One thing hasn't changed: Screwball's getting others to do her dirty work. What were they setting up, anyway?

Screwball: (via phone)Spider-Man! Wasn't that EXCITING?! Perfect way to kick off my BRAND NEW SHOW starring -- YOU! Pretty sure you'll make time for this 'cuz if you don't, my fans will get angry and people will DIE. I just LOVE reality shows, don't you?

Spider-Man: Some people will do anything for clicks...

Screwball: (via phone) I'll be live-streaming every moment, so don't screw up! Mwah!

[Spidey accepts the challenge.]

Screwball: (via phone) S-M! Know what an EMP emitter is? Well here's an ELI5-- if you don't disable them, they'll knock out power across the city. Oh, and if you don't disable them in the right order-- ZAP! Better hurry!

Spider-Man: Bet she's using a binary signal repeater. I can piggy-back on it to visualize the right path. Gotta use my webs.

Screwball: (via phone) I'm gonna send some photobomb targets out there, so keep an eye out! If I get a pic at the right time, BONUS! Well played!

Spider-Man: EMP down. Gotta stay on the trail.

Screwball: (via phone) For those watching: if you like what you see, don't forget to subscribe to my channel! Yes! Yes! Yes! Look at him go! We've got so many viewers the stream's getting choppy! I love it! PHOTOBOMB! Perfecto!

[Spidey destroys all EMPs on the rooftops.]

Spider-Man: So close to perfection.

Screwball: (via phone) Some up-votes, some down-votes-- but thanks to ALL of you who tuned in!

[“Something is Screwy” mission completed.]

Trail of the Cat

MJ: (via phone) Hey, Peter, I might've found the Black Cat's next target.

Spider-Man: Really? How?

MJ: (via phone) Because according to police dispatch, there was just a burglary matching her M.O. I'm sending you the location. Hey, if you find her, don't let her play you again.

Spider-Man: Yeah, I'll be on guard. She's... I don't know. She just seems to bring bad luck wherever she goes.

MJ: (via phone) Black Cat brings bad luck? That's a little on-the-nose, Pete.

[Spidey arrives at the crime scene.]

Spider-Man: Felicia... what have you done this time? Cops have blocked off the whole street. If I can pick up the Cat's trail, maybe I can catch up to her. Looks like the security guard was hurt... Maybe the EMT can tell me what happened. (jumps down)

Spider-Man: What happened here?

EMT: Spider-Man! Uh, I heard someone stole a rare book or something.

Spider-Man: Is the guard gonna be okay?

EMT: Pretty bad case of photokeratitis - basically a flash burn of his corneas. But he'll recover.

Spider-Man: I need to check the alley... If Felicia did this, I've got to find her. Magnesium flare. Probably what burned that guard's eyes. If I analyze the residue I can track her... Got it. There's the trail. Let's see where it leads. Having a hard time focusing. I can't be a dad. I mean, technically I CAN be, but… I need to tell MJ. She'll know what to do. But *how* am I going to tell her? Looks like a member of the Mauchio crime family. But if it's nothing, why am I freaking out? I should just stop freaking out. *STOP FREAKING OUT!* That didn't work at all. Still freaking out.

Thug: Spider-Man KO'd Vito! Take 'im out!

Spider-Man: ...and here come some of his brothers. Ever think maybe Vito got KO'd for acting exactly like this?

Thug: The Ciceros were right-- Spider-Man's working for Hammerhead!

Spider-Man: Like I told the Cicero guys, I do NOT work for Hammerhead. And I'm kind of insulted that you would even think that...

Thug: The Mauchio family will not stand for this!

Thug: Tell Hammerhead he messes with the Mauchio family, he messes with ALL the families.

Thug: I'm not gonna go out like that!

Spider-Man: Better get back on the trail. (sees some thighs on the street) Those look like Hammerhead's guys. (calls MJ) MJ! Sending you a pic of a plate I need you to run.

MJ: (via phone) Got it. I'll let you know what I find.

Hammerhead Thug: Did you get it?

Hammerhead Thug: Yeah.

Hammerhead Thug: What the hell, where's the drive?

Hammerhead Thug: She said she wanted to deliver it to Hammerhead personally.

Hammerhead Thug: Didn't I tell you to get the drive?

Hammerhead Thug: Yeah, but she gave the other ones to him, so I just figured--

Hammerhead Thug: So, I tell you to do something, and you don't do it. Now. You know what happens next.

[The other thug pulls out his gun.]

Hammerhead Thug: Wait- wait! Wait... wait, wait, wait, WAIT!

[Spidey crashes into the party.]

Spider-Man: Hey, don't act so surprised. You said you knew what happened next.

Hammerhead Thug: We're gonna pound your face in.

Hammerhead Thug: The boss sends his regards.

Spider-Man: Incoming!

Hammerhead Thug: Got 'im!

Spider-Man: A thing of beauty.

Hammerhead Thug: Put him in the ground!

[Spidey picks up the book, but there is no flash drive inside.]

Spider-Man: Great. (throws the book to the cops) Here, fellas. It's probably overdue.

[“Trial of the Cat” mission completed.]

Spider-Man: MJ, the Cat got another data drive.

MJ: (via phone) Just one more and Hammerhead has the drives from all the other Maggia families. We gotta figure out what's on those drives...

Spider-Man: And there's something else. There's this thing, probably not a big thing, but it COULD be a thing. A little-- maybe a big--thing...

MJ: (via phone) Please say a sentence that doesn't include the word "thing."

Spider-Man: Okay. The reason Felicia's working for Hammerhead is because he took her son.

MJ: (via phone) Huh. Didn't know she had a son. Well, certainly sounds like something Hammerhead would do.

Spider-Man: There's this other thing. You know that she and I dated for a while...

MJ: (via phone) Yeah, so. Oh... OH! Are you serious?!

Spider-Man: I mean, I don't know for sure, but it's possible...

MJ: (via phone) Ew. Ugh. I need to hang up now.

Spider-Man: Okay then. She'll call back when she's cooled off. Right? I think I'll go on patrol for a while, try to clear my head. I think one of Hardy's old stashes is around here. The trail ends here. More stolen art. Hey! Come back, little birdy! Gah-- gotta get him.

Miles: (via phone) Hi, Peter? It's Miles. I was wondering... wait is this a bad time?

Spider-Man: No, it's fine, what's up?

Miles: Oh, nothing-- I mean--

[Detective Mackey suddenly calls Spidey. He puts Miles on hold.]

Spider-Man: Detective, I found another stolen painting.

Det. Mackey: Good work. We could close a whole bunch of files before we're done.

Spider-Man: How'd Hardy die, anyway?

Det. Mackey: Escape attempt from Ryker's… he drowned trying to swim to shore. But now we can return what he stole… and who knows, maybe this'll help you bust the new Black Cat.

Spider-Man: Right! Which is of course my goal! Gotta go, bye. (to Miles) OK. I'm back. What were you saying again?

Miles: Oh, nothing-- I mean-- wait-- are you doing Spider-Man stuff right now?

Spider-Man: A little bit, yeah.

Miles: Really? Like what? Specifically?

Spider-Man: You mean what am I doing right now? At this moment?

Miles: Yeah! Unless you think that's, like, creepy or weird or something. Yeah, yeah, it probably is. I bet I sound like a stalker or something--

Spider-Man: Miles, it's okay, what did you want to talk about?

Miles: Nothing, nothing... sorry. It can wait. I'll call you back later!

[Spidey returns to Hardy’s stashes.]

Spider-Man: Hardy must've stashed something here. Hey Detective, got another painting for you to pick up.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Thanks, Spider-Man, I'll send someone out ASAP.

Spider-Man: I'm curious, did Hardy have any family?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Yeah. A daughter, Felicia.

Spider-Man: You don't say.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) I know what you're thinking - she might be the new Cat. But I ran a search on her... comes up clean.

Spider-Man: She just hasn't been caught yet. The police got her suit and equipment last time, but they just missed her.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) I dunno… doesn't track. When I interrogated Hardy, it sounded like he really loved his kid. Didn't want her mixed up in his work.

Spider-Man: Oh really? Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for more stolen paintings. (hands up) Sounds like daddy didn't want daughter following in his paw prints...

Pursuing the Truth

Spider-Man: Hey, MJ.

MJ: (via phone) First things first -- head to this address. It's the last-known address of the Costa family safe-house. If my source is right, they have the final data drive.

Spider-Man: MJ-- listen.

MJ: (via phone) No. *You* listen. I kind of over-reacted the last time we talked.

Spider-Man: Not at all, you reacted exactly how I would have--

MJ: (via phone) We weren't together at the time. And it's not like I didn't date other people.

Spider-Man: Right. Wait, you dated "people," like, like plural...?

MJ: (via phone) The point is, we're adults. And there's a kid in danger-- so let's get to saving him.

Spider-Man: I don't deserve you.

MJ: (via phone) I know.

[Spidey caught the Cat on the roof.]

Spider-Man: Felicia, we need to talk.

Black Cat: Aww... I do miss our little chats... but I've gotta run.

[She throws an electric bomb at Spidey and runs away.]

Spider-Man: She shorted out my web shooters with an EMP-- Guess I'm doing this the old fashioned way! Come on, I want to help!

Black Cat: Then back off.

Spider-Man: If Hammerhead's got your son, you can't do this alone.

Black Cat: Why not? I've done everything else alone.

Spider-Man: I'm saying you don't have to! Why won't you trust me? We worked together before!

Black Cat: Answered your own question, didn't you?

Spider-Man: Felicia, why didn't you come to me with this?

Black Cat: 'Cause it's not your problem, it's mine. And I'll handle it.

Spider-Man: Maybe I don't think it's a problem! Wait, unless you mean the gang war, 'cause that's definitely a problem.

Black Cat: Stay away. I'm better off on my own.

[They jump to the subway.]

Spider-Man: Finally. Web shooters are back online!

[Spidey chases the Cat dodging trans and electrobombs.]

Spider-Man: I can help you stop Hammerhead.

Black Cat: How? No killing, no breaking the law? Your way won't get it done!

Spider-Man: Felicia, about your son, just need to know I just need to know... is he --

Black Cat: He's mine. And I'll take care of him. Stubborn little spider...

Spider-Man: I just want to talk!

Black Cat: Still with me?

Spider-Man: I can go all night if that's what it takes.

Black Cat: NOW you're getting my attention.

[They jump out of the subway.]

Black Cat: Huh. Guess I gotta play *harder* to get.

Spider-Man: Need to get closer.

Black Cat: Last time: don't look for me! AH! Hey!

Spider-Man: Stop running!

Black Cat: Stop chasing me! Why are you webbing me?!

Spider-Man: Because I'm trying to slow you down! That did it, now to get in close.

[Spidey catches the Cat.]

Spider-Man: Now can we talk like human beings?

Black Cat: This feels pretty human to me.

Spider-Man: I know what's on those drives you're stealing.

Black Cat: Look at you. Brawn AND brains.

Spider-Man: You can't give Hammerhead the last drive. Once he has what he wants, your son will just be a loose end. Let me help you.

Black Cat: What're you thinking?

Spider-Man: Stall him, give us some time to find your son.

Black Cat: (touches his face) I missed you. Glad we're back together again.

Spider-Man: Not like that.

Black Cat: Shame. Okay, I can probably give us a couple days. Max.

Spider-Man: So, about your son -- is there a chance I'm-

Black Cat: Later. For now, let's find him. When he's safe, we can talk about that. Keep in touch, Spider.

[She jumps off the building.]

Spider-Man: MJ's gonna kill me.

[“Pursuing the Truth” mission completed.]

MJ: (via phone) Hey. You get her this time?

Spider-Man: Yeah-- she's going to stall Hammerhead while we all try to find her son.

MJ: (via phone) Did she tell you if you're...

Spider-Man: She didn't say.

MJ: (via phone) Of course she didn't. Are you sure she's not just playing you?

Spider-Man: I know her. She wouldn't be working for someone like Hammerhead unless she *had* to.

MJ: (via phone) Oookay. Well, I'm gonna run that plate number you sent me. I'll let you know where it leads. (hangs up)

Spider-Man: I'm running out of steam. Time for a pick-me-up.

Eddie's Pizza: (via phone) Eddie's Pizza.

Spider-Man: Eddie! It's Spider-Man.

Eddie's Pizza: Spidey! You sound hungry.

Spider-Man: You know it. Can I get the usual, extra pepperoni?

Eddie's Pizza: I'm on it. You want rooftop delivery?

Spider-Man: Yes, please. Same rooftop as last time.

Eddie's Pizza: Gimme a few, I'll let you know when it's ready.

Spider-Man: While I'm waiting on Eddie, lemme head out into the city and see what's what. One of the stolen paintings should be around here somewhere. Another art piece. (calls Mackey) Detective, I found another stolen art piece - sending coordinates your way.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Nice work. So, you've met the new Black Cat, right?

Spider-Man: Why, you working that case too?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Nah, just curious. What's she like?

Spider-Man: Complicated. Frustrating. She's manipulative - but she's also got a good heart. She only robs folks who can afford it… or who she thinks deserve it.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) And she gave you the slip, huh?

Spider-Man: More than once. I can honestly say I've never met anyone quite like her.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) I know the feeling. Talk to you later.

[Spidey calls Miles.]

Spider-Man: Hi Miles, just calling you back. What was it you wanted to ask before?

[Spidey puts poor Miles on hold again and calls the detective.]

Spider-Man: Detective, I found another painting.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Good work. We should get you a badge. I'll have someone come and pick it up.

Spider-Man: So in your professional opinion, is the new cat similar to the old one?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Well, she's clearly modeling herself after Hardy. Her style, technique. Hell, her grapple looks like an updated version of his old tech.

Spider-Man: Right, you guys had her equipment in lockup for a while. So she steals intellectual property too.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) More like improves on it. She's elevated Hardy's work to a whole new level.

Spider-Man: Almost sounds like you admire her.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Do this long enough, you can't help noticing real talent. Kinda sounds like you think highly of her too.

Spider-Man: Oh, well, y'know, it's... what you said. Game recognizes game. I'll let you know if I find any more old loot. (to Miles) Hey, I'm back. What were you saying?

Miles: Hey Peter! It was just... I mean it's no big deal or anything. I know you're super busy. I was just wondering if there might be some time we could, you know, start training.

[Without even finishing listening, Spidey puts him on hold again.]

Spider-Man: Detective, I'm sending coordinates your way. Another one of Hardy's old paintings.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Thanks for that. I'll send someone ASAP.

Spider-Man: Why'd the old Cat try to escape Ryker's? Nonviolent burglary, he had a shot at parole.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Hardy got too big for his britches. The Maggia wanted him to work for them. He said no. That got him on their hit list.

Spider-Man: Not a list you want to be on.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Especially if you have family. The Maggia will target anyone to make their point.

Spider-Man: I've noticed. I'll be in touch, Detective.

Eddie's Pizza: (via phone) Alright, Spidey. Your pie's ready.

Spider-Man: Thanks. You're a lifesaver.

Eddie's Pizza: (via phone) Nah, that's your job. But, if you like it… can you give us a shoutout on social medias? Really helps the business.

Spider-Man: Will do. Later, Eddie! (hangs up) I don't think I've ever been this hungry.

[He finds a painting on the way.]

Spider-Man: Found another painting, Detective. Hardy sure found some clever hiding places.

Det. Mackey: He was one hell of a second story man.

Spider-Man: Obviously. So how'd you catch him?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) I'd like to say solid police work. But the more I look at it, the more I think he let himself get caught.

Spider-Man: To get away from the Maggia? He must've known they could get to him in prison.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Sure, but the best way to protect his daughter was to take himself off the board.

Spider-Man: And it ended up being more permanent than he planned. (finds another painting) Congratulations, Detective! You might be the winner of some of Walter Hardy's stolen loot.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Listen, no offense, but I've been looking into case files. Some witnesses say you and the new Black Cat were seen working together. What's up with that?

Spider-Man: She said she wanted to go straight, and I believed her. I tried to train her, and she did a lot of good. For a while. Unfortunately, old habits die hard. I got a tip she was stealing from the crooks we took down… went to her place, and found the loot.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) You knew where she lived? Was this professional, or was something else going on?

Spider-Man: Uh, we're venturing into kinda personal territory here, Detective.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Fair enough. Just doing my job. Call me when you've got something else.

Spider-Man: Got another one, Detective. Hardy had enough to set himself up for life. I almost feel sorry for him.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Probably for the best how it shook out.

Spider-Man: A dead body? A little kid without a father? Trust me, that's never for the best.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) It is when the Maggia's got a grudge. Hardy's death squared things. If he and his kid just disappeared, the mob never would've stopped gunning for 'em.

Spider-Man: He could've turned state's evidence... gotten witness protection.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) The Maggia's got a long reach. Some things you can't come back from. Hey, so according to my records, there's only one more painting missing.

Spider-Man: I'll let you know when I find it. Detective, looks like I found the last stash. Any other leads to track down?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) No. That's the last piece of Hardy's legacy. I really can't thank you enough, Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: Glad to help, Detective Mackey.

Det. Mackey: And hey - I think you're right about the new Cat. Look out for her, okay? It'd mean a lot to me. (hands up)

Spider-Man: Uh… that was… weird. What did he mean by that? Should call him back and ask him…

[He dials Mackey’s number.]

Automated Voice: The number you have dialed is no longer in service.

Spider-Man: And that's even weirder. Better stop by his precinct.

Like a Fiddle

[He swings to the precinct.]

Spider-Man: Hey. I'm looking for Detective Mackey.

Police Officer: Mackey? Doesn't ring a bell...

Spider-Man: Older guy with a mustache...?

Police Officer: Either you got the wrong precinct or someone played you.

Spider-Man: Yeah. Someone played me all right. (calls Mackey again) Sergeant Mackey. Or do you prefer "Walter Hardy?"

Det. Mackey: (via phone) Hey don't judge me. I did what I had to do.

Spider-Man: Your daughter thinks you're dead, you know.

Det. Mackey: (via phone) And let's keep her thinking that. For her sake. Deal?

Spider-Man: Deal?! You just conned me. Why should I do anything for you?

Det. Mackey: (via phone) 'Cause you're a decent guy. Take care of my little girl. (hands up)

Spider-Man: Grr. I am SO gullible. I need to learn how to be heartless and cynical like everyone else.

Newsflash

[Spidey swings to his pizza.]

Spider-Man: (looking at the pie) I love you. But now I must destroy you.

[Meanwhile Mary Jane walks down an empty street.]

Spider-Man: (via phone, chewing) Hello?

MJ: Hey, I followed up on that license plate. It's registered to a storage company owned by one of Hammerhead's old friends. I'm there now.

Spider-Man: (via phone, chewing) Gimme a few minutes, I'll be there as s-soon as I can.

MJ: In the meantime, I'll just take a quick look around. Okay, first things first - look around, see if the boy is being held here, and if he is, get him out safely. What do I do if the kid looks like Peter? Stop, MJ. Just stop.

[She sneaks to the bad guys compound.]

MJ: (using taser) This guy looks like he needs a nap. What's that... Sheets of counterfeit bills. Looks like Hammerhead's got a new hobby.

Hammerhead Thug: Stewie, give me a hand with this. It's heavier than your mother.

Hammerhead Thug: You crazy? I can't be lifting that.

Hammerhead Thug: You know about my sciatica.

Hammerhead Thug: All that stuff about Hammerhead cracking guys' skulls...

MJ: That's a lot of cash... looks counterfeit. No sign of the boy here... Perfect. I should get a picture of that guy-- might help build a case if this goes south. I'll see if my contacts on the force can positively ID him.

Boss: All day with this damn phone... Get back to work. No more slacking off.

MJ: An unguarded laptop... golden opportunity. A shipping manifest. This could lead to their distribution center… Come on, come on. Uh-oh...

Boss: The Costa family's causing trouble. Acting like they wanna go to war. I gotta have a sit down, see what we do about this. We're on high alert. You see anyone, don't take any chances. Take 'em out.

MJ: Okay, got all the shipping company data. Which will hopefully tell us where they're keeping her son... I'll look through it later. But now, gotta get outta here. Quietly.

Hammerhead Thug: Is it true Hammerhead got shot in the head and lived?

Hammerhead Thug: Damn right. Spit one of the bullets right back at the guy who shot him.

Hammerhead Thug: Gah, what a mess.

Hammerhead Thug: Who's gonna clean it up?

Hammerhead Thug: You.

Hammerhead Thug: Me? How about you?

Hammerhead Thug: How about no?

MJ: Think I've outstayed my welcome. Better get out of here, fast.

Hammerhead Thug: OK, everybody, huddle-up.

Hammerhead Thug: We got to talk about this, situation...

[She sneaks out unnoticed.]

MJ: Close as I ever want to cut it.

[Spidey suddenly appears and touches her.]

MJ: GAH! Son of a...

Spider-Man: Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

MJ: What are you doing here? And why do you smell like pizza?

Spider-Man: Because… I just ate pizza?

MJ: Well, while you were out enjoying lunch I was gathering evidence and trying to find a missing child.

Spider-Man: I ate as fast as I could!

MJ: I've got stuff to follow up on. I'll call you later. (walks away)

Spider-Man: Note to self--no upside-downies after double pepperoni. Yikes.

[“Newsflash” mission completed.]

Cover for the Cat

Black Cat: (via phone) Hey, I need your help, I'll send you the location.

Spider-Man: Felicia? What's going-- (she hands up) Unbelievable. She expects me to just rush on over. And here I am, rushing on over.

[He FINALLY calls Miles back.]

Spider-Man: Sorry Miles, I'm back. You were saying something about… training?

Miles: Yeah, maybe just the basic stuff. Like swinging from a skyscraper… ...or… swinging from a low building? Or a tree?

Spider-Man: Miles, you're fifteen. You need to focus on school. That's way more important than...

Miles: Yeah, but... If I finish all my homework early and you've got some free time one day...

Miles: I mean, you started when you were fifteen, right?

Spider-Man: And I nearly got myself killed at least a hundred different times. I can't let that happen to you.

Miles: Okay. Yeah, I get it. Talk to you later. (hands up)

Spider-Man: Oh man, what am I gonna do with that kid.

[He swings to the Cat’s coordinates.]

Spider-Man: So what are we looking at?

Black Cat: Got a tip from an old friend.... Hammerhead's keeping something "extremely valuable" in that office above the bar.

Spider-Man: Lotta guys in there.

Black Cat: If they spot me, my son's dead.

Spider-Man: I'll draw them out, then you sneak in.

Black Cat: My hero.

Spider-Man: Come on. Please.

[He jumps into the fray to catch the attention of the thugs. The Cat helps him from time to time.]

Hammerhead Thug: We need backup, now!

Hammerhead Thug: I see him! Over there!

Black Cat: (via phone) I got something-- Hammerhead recently bought a room-sized "impenetrable vault" to store his most high value items.

Spider-Man: Like a kidnapped kid. Any indication where this vault is?

Black Cat: (via phone) No details yet, but I've got more books to go through.

Spider-Man: Keep looking.

[A thug with machine guns kicks out the door.]

Hammerhead Thug: Enough of this crap! Everyone hit 'im at once!

[The Cat comes to help Spidey. Does she forget about the kid?]

Black Cat: May I have this dance?

Spider-Man: About time!

Black Cat: You've gotten soft in your old age.

Spider-Man: Old age? Hey, I might be old-ER but I'm not "old."

Hammerhead Thug: About damn time you showed up! Get him!

Spider-Man: You guys just get off lunch break or something? Hey! Stop stealing my bad guys!

Black Cat: You snooze, you lose!

[Together they easily deals with the thugs.]

Black Cat: We make a good team, Spider.

Spider-Man: Don't get used to it!

Black Cat: Are you guys even trying? Fire in the hole!

Spider-Man: Nice hook.

Black Cat: You first, Spider.

Hammerhead Thug: No, no, no!

[After defeating all the bad guys, Black Cat hops into the bar. She drops the booze she doesn't like from the shelves, finds a bottle of expensive champagne and pours herself a glass, then throws it away as well.]

Spider-Man: Did you find the location of the vault?

Black Cat: No. But we're narrowing it down... and it's definitely where he's keeping my son.

Spider-Man: Yeah, speaking of him, there's an overdue conversation--

Black Cat: (steps on the defeated bad guy) Do you ever miss this?

Spider-Man: What-- me getting shot at while you steal things?

Black Cat: I really tried going straight. Got a job that didn't involve breaking *or* entering. Even started wearing sweatpants on weekends.

Spider-Man: I wondered where you went. It must have been hard for you. Especially with a child.

Black Cat: I need to go deeper if I'm gonna find him.

Spider-Man: Let me help. If we're supposed to be working together--

Black Cat: (hugs Spidey) Some things I do better alone. Some things.

[She shoots a cat hook and hangs in the air.]

Black Cat: I'll call you if I need an extra pair of hands. (flies away)

[“Cover for the Cat” mission completed.]

Spider-Man: Hey MJ-- did you get any good info from that laptop?

MJ: (via phone) I'm still decrypting the data-- should have something soon.

Spider-Man: Good. In the meantime, we've got another lead. We think Hammerhead's keeping her son in a vault-- but we don't know where the vault is...

MJ: (via phone) Once I crack these files, maybe we can combine my chocolate with your peanut butter. Do not make a saucy joke out of that.

Spider-Man: It's hard to resist a setup like that, but I'll hold the sauce. Thanks, MJ... let me know what you find. (hands up) Okay, got some time to kill. Let's see what's happening out in the city.

[He swings around the city until Miles calls him.]

Miles: (via phone) Hey Peter, I've been thinking it over and you're totally right. I need to focus on school right now.

Spider-Man: Glad to hear it!

Miles: (via phone) But I still want to stay active, so I tried out for the basketball team. That's okay, right?

Spider-Man: Uhhh... yeah. Just be careful. Keep it believable. Don't do anything TOO flashy.

Miles: (via phone) Like what?

Spider-Man: Well no dunking, obviously.

Miles: (via phone) Oh. Right. Of course.

Spider-Man: Miles...

Miles: (via phone) It was just once. And the dude was talking trash-- it was so perfect, I wish you'd've been there...

[MJ calls.]

MJ: Peter, I finally decrypted that laptop. You know that room-sized vault you were talking about? I found a record of it being delivered to a shipyard near Hell's Kitchen.

Spider-Man: That's gotta be where the boy is. Thanks, MJ. Better call Felicia.

Black Cat: At this hour, it's either a booty call or you found something.

Spider-Man: Hopefully your son. I'm sending you an address. Meet me there.

[Spidey calls Miles back.]

Spider-Man: Sorry -- did you say you *dunked* on somebody?!

Miles: (via phone) It was just once. And the dude was talking trash -- it was so perfect, I wish you'd've been there...

Spider-Man: Miles!

Miles: I won't do it again. I promise. As long as you agree to start training me.

Spider-Man: Ugh… lemme think about it.

Miles: Cool. Cool! Okay, homework time, gotta go.

Follow the Money

[Spidey swings to the harbor.]

Spider-Man: MJ nailed it. This place is isolated... they could keep the kid here for weeks without anyone noticing.

Black Cat: (approaches from behind) This is the place. I know it.

Spider-Man: We need to take 'em all out. Like we used to. Quiet as a cat--

Black Cat: --sneaky as a spider.

Spider-Man: If they spot us, they might kill your son. We have to do this quietly. Lotta guys guarding this place. This won't be easy.

Black Cat: You're so good at that.

Hammerhead Thug: Need a hand here!

Spider-Man: Looks like about nine guys left.

Black Cat: One per life. Let's not mess this up.

Hammerhead Thug: Hey, I need some extra eyes!

Hammerhead Thug: Yo, I need backup!

Hammerhead Thug: Yo guys, over here!

Black Cat: Just a few left. Two of them and two of us. That's all of them.

Spider-Man: Lots of places to hide a vault around here.

Black Cat: You check the shipping containers while I check in that building over there.

Spider-Man: Felicia--

Black Cat: What?

Spider-Man: I'm sorry Hammerhead did this to you.

Black Cat: Yeah, well. He's about to find out-- you mess with the cat, you get the claws.

Spider-Man: Should check out those shipping containers. Hm, just a bunch of boxes. Better keep looking. Building supplies. And no kid. Pianos. That's… random. But no kid-- on to the next one. He's gotta be in one of these containers. Some of the containers have air vents-- Sable International? What is this stuff-- Whoa... Hammerhead's got Sable weapons? I wonder what else he has--

[A white armored APC rushes to the shipyard smashing the gates.]

Spider-Man: Well that answers THAT question.

Thug: Spider-Man! Shoot him!

Spider-Man: Hammerhead thugs and Sable weapons. It's the perfect mashup I never asked for. Another Sable APC. Wondered where all those went... Felicia, where are you? Felicia, are you hurt?! APC's, rocket launchers, miniguns… What did you guys NOT steal from Sable?

Hammerhead Thug: Up there!

Hammerhead Thug: Boss wants his head!

Spider-Man: Damn-- gotta clear these guys out and find Felicia.

Hammerhead Thug: I'll break you, little man.

Spider-Man: Whoa... that was close.

Hammerhead Thug: Bet that hurt.

Spider-Man: Are you guys sure you know how to use those weapons? Okay, looks like you do. You asked for it. Welcome to the air show.

Hammerhead Thug: I'll mess you up.

Spider-Man: And that's it. Gonna be sore tomorrow. Okay, time to find Felicia.

[He enters the building.]

Spider-Man: Felicia? The vault... Felicia...?

[He sees… a toy cat and an empty flash drive container. The Cat tricks the Spider.]

Spider-Man: No, no, no... you gotta be kidding me--

[The door to the vault closes.]

Spider-Man: Tell me you weren't just stringing me along.

Black Cat: Sorry sweetie. But I needed help to pull off a job this big...

Spider-Man: All you ever wanted was Hammerhead's drive.

Black Cat: The entire wealth of the Maggia... ...in the palm of my hand.

Spider-Man: You gave Hammerhead fake drives?

Black Cat: You think he's going to be mad at me?

Spider-Man: So... ...the kidnapping... your son... that was all just a lie?

Black Cat: Lie is such an ugly word. I prefer "misdirection."

Spider-Man: Do the right thing. Take the drives to the police,

Black Cat: Hey, I earned these. Besides, Hammerhead's on a mission and nothing is gonna stop him. If anything. I just helped slow him down a bit.

Hammerhead Thug: (from outside) They cleaned out the whole yard! Check the vault!

Black Cat: Time to go. I'll raise a glass to you on the Riviera.

Spider-Man: Felicia!

[She leaves the building. Two thugs enter and open the vault. Spidey hides on the ceiling.]

Hammerhead Thug: Boss, we're in.

Hammerhead: And...?

Hammerhead Thug: Drive's gone.

Hammerhead: Argh. New plan. There's a tracker on that drive. Find her -- and kill her. And if she's dumb enough to go to her little penthouse, I've got a crew waiting there to send it sky high.

Hammerhead Thug: What about the drives?

Hammerhead: I don't care about the drives. I just want her DEAD.

Hammerhead Thug: Got it. We'll find her.

Spider-Man: If there's a tracker on that drive, Felicia's in trouble. Gotta get to her-- fast,

[He calls the Cat.]

Black Cat: (via phone) Miss me already?

Spider-Man: Hammerhead knows where you are, and he's going to kill you. There's a tracker on his drive.

Black Cat: (via phone) I don't get you, Spider. I just conned, the hell out of you, and here you are trying to save me. How can you be so damn NICE all the time?

Spider-Man: It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing. You've got so many talents. I wish you'd use them to help someone other than yourself.

Black Cat: (via phone) Yeah, well. You should know by now, that's not how I roll.

Spider-Man: People can change, Felicia...

Black Cat: (via phone) Love you, Spider. I'll miss you.

Spider-Man: Wait -- your penthouse, he's rigged, it to explode!

Black Cat: Don't worry, I've still got all nine lives left...

Spider-Man: Dammit! Hang on, Felicia, I'm coming. Gotta move. Come on, come on! Hold on, Felicia…

[He swings to her on the double. She touches the handle of the door...]

Spider-Man: FELICIA!!

[The whole floor explodes. Hammerhead watches it from the nearby building.]

[CREDITS]

In memory of Steve Ditko, who, with the stroke of his pen, made the world amazing.

[After the credits MJ and Peter can be found in a diner. Peter looks sad.]

MJ: Wow. And they still haven't found a body?

Peter: No.

MJ: Do you think she survived?

Peter: I don't know. I mean, anything is possible, but...

MJ: So how's it feel to not be a dad? No, no, I'm serious.

Peter: Honestly? I uh... I'm kind of relieved. Yeah, I've got a lot going on, you know?

MJ: Yeah, you do. But I think you're gonna be an amazing dad someday. At the right time.

Peter: With the right person.

TO BE CONTINUED...